Cue wah-wah. Speaking of wood, California's General Sherman (supposedly the world's largest currently living tree) is still standing tall, although the nearby fires creep closer. You might not consider California as having a very long history, but good old Sherman is at least 2300 years old!
Huzzah for General Sherman (the sequoia, not the Civil War psychopath). I see on the news they've wrapped his base in silver reflective foil to try to protect him from fire. I've always wanted to see the giant sequoias, as well as the bristlecone pines in the Sierras, over 4000 years old. Makes me feel almost youthful.
3 comments:
I love old stuff like this. Signs of past endeavors, perhaps successful for a time, no longer needed now but still beautiful.
Cue wah-wah. Speaking of wood, California's General Sherman (supposedly the world's largest currently living tree) is still standing tall, although the nearby fires creep closer. You might not consider California as having a very long history, but good old Sherman is at least 2300 years old!
Old stuff it the best stuff, Petrea.
Huzzah for General Sherman (the sequoia, not the Civil War psychopath). I see on the news they've wrapped his base in silver reflective foil to try to protect him from fire.
I've always wanted to see the giant sequoias, as well as the bristlecone pines in the Sierras, over 4000 years old. Makes me feel almost youthful.
Post a Comment