Hey, laydees … Saggy old men in lycra are waiting for YOU!
Please note, I'm the only one present with sufficient common decency to cover my lycra padded undercrackers with baggy shorts.
Meet the newly consecrated office road race team about to set off on our first practice run for next season's Tour de Broads. The gels are kitting themselves out with new bikes and Emily and Corrina should be joining us next time around.
Tragically, the boss has designed some company cycling clothes (bright orange!) which should arrive before our next ride.
Here's where we went. A lovely sunny evening with much banter and some wicked hill climbs and sprints en route.
We managed to get back in time for beer …
… and sunset.
Boffo!
Amazingly, no aches and pains today and having done the long distance meant I knocked five minutes off my time cycling home this evening.
Dammit … I'm becoming a cycling bore.




8 comments:
Great loved the sunset sounds like you had a wonderful time…
That looks like quite a long ride, am I correct? Well done.
You're becoming a pro bicycler! (You'll look dashing in orange...)
Lovely sunset.
Orange is a really flattering color for men of a certain Anglo persuasion -- blue-eyed and pale. Not.
Congratulations! We can now share stories of goals sought and reached, times and distances, aches and pains. We make 2/3 of a triathlon, Dive!
By the way, you are much braver than I will ever be; you will NEVER find my wide butt on a bicycle with its skinny seat crammed up my nether regions. Nope. Never.
No kidding, Speedway. I even padded the seat on my exercise bike.
A wonderful time was indeed had by all, Mum.
Yup, Petrea; a little under forty miles for the first trip and we'll be working up from that as we go.
The sunset was perfect, Ms.M. Riding through the fields with the low sun on rolling hills of golden grain was pretty spiffy, too (better than looking at the lycra-clad buttocks of the rider in front).
We need one more for our three person blog-triathlon team, Speedway. Any runners out there care to join us?
The first time I rode on the racing seat on a stiff carbon bike I trashed my ischial tuberosity (roughly translated as "Hippy Flower" - the bottom two points of the pelvic bone and the … er … tender parts between), so now I rely on padded undercrackers and a Brooks sprung racing saddle and things are much improved.
Uhm...that is super far. But way to go Dive! You are looking so young and fit! Proud of you and your diet and exercise tweeks! I need to do more myself. It is harder every year to keep muscles and wobbly places in check.
Good to catch up, friend. You haven't been blogging a bunch though have you? Well, you are excused since you are now a cyclist and such. ;)
Hi, Shan!
Young and fit? Hahahahahaha! I must say I did enjoy your dance on FB the other day.
Not much blogging, and not much FB either; I'm trying to unplug my life a little.
Love to you, J and the boys. xx
Post a Comment