Friday, May 15, 2009

Quitter™

Welcome to Quitter™, a wonderful new anti-social messaging service where you can keep friends and family really annoyed with irritating little messages about what you're doing.

"I'm typing this".

Whoop di doo!

Actually, I'm having a great time. Thanks to those who asked.
I hope you're all having an utterly splendid time, too.
If you're not, you should try switching off your TV and your computer.
It works for me.

Toodle-pip.

33 comments:

Shan said...

Well HI there Mister! Thank you for checking in on your new Quitter site! I actually said your name today out loud to my friend! We were watching a British show called The IT Crowd' and someone said "Bollocks" in a sentence. As I figured out what it was I said "OH" my friend Dive says that and many other things in his blog that I don't always realize the meaning of." Baha!

And then the pause for sadness.......

Nah, I'm not keeping up with the people well these days myself. But I do like to know I can check in and see everyone and make sure all is well in their worlds.

Enjoy the warm weather and pop in again soon! :D

Shazza said...

God I missed your sarcasm!

Thanks for popping in to say Hi!

Anonymous said...

Just cleared my throat. But I'm Quitting doing that.

from cali said...

Quitter is a great idea. Then I could really say what's on my mind: you bunch of effing mofo's get the eff out of my way!
I feel so much better, but I am not giving up my TV! Besides, some men like women with fat asses! LOL.

MmeBenaut said...

Hello there dear Dive. Good to know that you're alive and well and enjoying life to the full. Toodle pip.

neetzy said...

Glad the quitter is alive. I missed you.

savannah said...

Does not answering comments for days because I was really busy in the real world count for anything? xoxox

(The MITM and I were talking about London and wondering how we will get in touch with you when we're there. Of course, that isn't happening soon, we were just thinking ahead.)

Katie said...

Your irritating little message "I'm typing this" isn't as annoying as the whoop di doo allergy-activated cough I've had for 4 days. And turning off my TV and computer doesn't help, although the cough syrup with codeine sure does. Glad you're having a great time. I bet you've actually been glued to your TV watching Eurovision 2009.

Katherine said...

Glad you're having fun, Dive!

You make me wish for the weekend to come even faster.

Petrea Burchard said...

Good to see you, Dive.

I switched off the TV. Unhooked it completely, haven't watched it it months. That's very nice, frees up more time for the computer.

I'm drinking a glass of water.

Tiddle-poo.

dive said...

Hi, Shan!

Bollocks! Hee hee hee. Yes, indeedy, that is a very English expletive and all the funnier for seeing you type it.

Shaaza: What sarcasm?
Sarcastique? Moi?
Surely not.

Lupine Lady: Oh, tee hee. Excellent!

Cali: Hoorah for "mofo"; I don't believe I've used that one yet but I am sorely tempted.
Fat asses are comfy.

Hello, Mme! Yes I am thoroughly enjoying myself, though one of these days I really must do the rounds of my friends' blogs again as I've been so terribly rude of late.

Neetzy: I missed you, too! I'll pop over soon; promise!

Savannah: Just leave a note on here letting me know when you're coming and I'll be there waiting.
You'll need your walking shoes on!
xoxox

Katie: I hope that pesky cough clears up real soon.
And DAMMIT! I missed Eurovision this year.
Sheesh! Where am I going to get my fix of camp kitsch trash now?

Katherine: I've been trying to leave comments on your blogs but it won't let me. Dagnabbit!
Just so you know.

Petrea: Oh, that is too funny!
Hee hee hee, smartypants!

Petrea Burchard said...

Dive, you're welcome to visit my blog but if you feel obligated then please don't come. I like you anyway.

dive said...

Petrea, I visit your blog because I like it, not through any sense of obligation. I'm sorry if I gave that impression.

Petrea Burchard said...

Not at all, you never have! I'm just letting you off the hook. (Smartypants doesn't always come across as funny in typeface.) Visit when the mood strikes, I'd love to have you. Not in the biblical sense, you understand, just...oh, come on by.

dive said...

Hee hee. Thanks, Petrea. I meant smartypants as a compliment; it must lose something as it crosses the Atlantic.

Katherine said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog, Dive! Unfortunately, we have a nasty political situation where I live and hatemongers were trying to post on my blog. Rather than wading through their filth, I decided it was easier to just shut off the comment function.

Petrea Burchard said...

I meant my attitude might not be coming across to you. "Smartypants" comes across as a compliment to me. I have it as my screensaver now, and am having business cards printed up.

dive said...

Hi, Katherine.
I had a feeling it was the hatemongers who had been attacking you. If nothing else it proves you were hitting the right targets and hurting them.
I'll have to try to figure out a way of getting my email address to you so I can comment via the back door, as it were.

Petrea: Hee hee hee!

MmeBenaut said...

Hello dearest,
How're things? We're in for a burst of spring weather here over the next few days with temps in the low 20's. Wonderful! I'm busy with wheelbarrow and boxes, picking up branches and breaking them, getting them under cover before the rain comes again. Soggy twigs do not a great fire make. Or something like that.
I confess that I watch TV in the evenings when I simply have to put my back in a horizontal position. I can read in bed but I prefer to do that later in the evenings so I watch the news and some favourite drama. I'm watching an Australian show called Masterchef every night and I'm more inspired to cook lately, so perhaps it's not all bad! I tend to only use the computer for an hour in the early mornings when it's too cold out and I can't make too much noise because I'll wake MB. As for getting out and about, it's a bit difficult when one is agoraphobic. So, am I off the hook?
I know that you're taking a break but I really do miss you.

Kate said...

Stop teasing and come back on line!

Katherine said...

Hey Dive--

Yeah, hatemongers are great, aren't they? It's just too depressing to have to read their crap, and I don't think I should put myself through that. I can go in and duke out politics any old day, but these cowardly asses would put their vomit on any post on any topic because they didn't like....ready for this? My position on immigration and loathing of racism.

If blogger had a way to block certain ip addresses or something like that, I would do it so I could keep my comments open and moderated. Alas, what do I expect for free, right?

Anyway, my email address is katherine.gotthardt@gmail.com Would love to hear from you!!

Maria said...

I thought of you the other day. I was talking to a friend at work and she asked me if I "twittered." I told her no, that I am far too wordy to twitter. I just prattle.

Anonymous said...

Dive, I see you have a new profile picture. Looks very nice, but do I have to feel your shirt to know what it says? Or are those dominos?

savannah said...

it's so nice to see you, sugar, since we can't "read" you anymore! i really do miss you! not that i'm whining xoxoxo

Katherine said...

LOVE that new pic dear!!

You look happy. I'm glad.

neetzy said...

I miss you. You made blogging fun. I really miss you. I hope you are having fun with whatever you are doing. Come by and see me sometime!

from cali said...

Geez, I'm in Paris and still checking for any new posts!
Hope you are back posting soon.

Scout said...

You don't post anymore, yet look at all the people who keep coming back here just in case. Everyone misses you, Dive.

And your new profile picture is absolutely wonderful. You really do look happy.

Question: why post a new picture if you aren't blogging anymore?

Petrea Burchard said...

Maybe we can all just visit here and chat. I miss Dive, but he's having a good time without us. Howzabout we have a good time without him, eh? Tiddle Poo, right?

Shan said...

Hey! That IS a great picture. Now start posting and get back in the swing of things! I may have just heard myself sounding a little hypocritical just now but WHO CARES. :D Just be occasional. I promise not to curse anymore.

Katherine said...

Dive just wants to keep us on the string to see how many adoring women he can rack up in his comment section.

dive said...

Katherine: I have the Blog world's yummiest harem!

Hee hee.

Katherine said...

LOL!

Glad that caught your attention--and proved you are reading your comments!

You're slick.