Thursday, February 18, 2010

500 Words XXVI - Story Time

This week’s sentence was taken from Louisa May Alcott’s ‘Little Women’.

It was:
‘A pair of silk stockings, that pretty carved fan, and a lovely blue sash.’

Got your coffee? Freshly brewed and oh, so yummy? Got your favourite comfy chair? Okay then, settle in and let us tell you stories …

Katherine's 'Zoology Continued'

Something strange comes to the house of Louisa May Alcott in Katherine's sequel to an equally curious tale.
I do like this trend for expanding existing 500 words stories into chapters of something larger.

Talking of which, here's another one:

Lulu's 'Probing Questions'

Hahahahahahahaha!
Oh me, oh my. If anyone has not yet been laughing uproariously at Lulu's 'Jarvis and Miss Smith' stories, get over there and read them all. The latest is a doozy. This really could become the new X-Files …
… with dimples.

Dive's 'The Fan'

Mac's back (again). In yet another episode (chapter six and counting) of the Bartleby stories we actually get to meet Bartleby. I do love dumb conspiracy theories so I thought it was time I started one of my own.

Next week's sentence tomorrow. Sharpen your quills.

Here's something special: our latecomer this week is co-founder of 500 Words (and very lapsed contributor thanks to all her journalism work of late) Robyn! Yay!

Robyn's 'A House For The Senses'


A beautiful, tender and heartbreaking story from one of our real writers. Wonderful detail and an atmosphere so hushed I almost held my breath reading it.
Lovely.

No comments: