I know, I know; it doesn't look any different on the outside, but come inside and let me show you what I've been up to these past nine years.
Aha! The Victorian window that you may recall being sold off during demolition works has magically transformed into a new entrance.
Mercifully, the new schools entrance is around the back so arriving at opening time will mean you no longer have to wait in the rain while several coachloads of bickering kids are marshalled into what was the miniscule reception area.
Instead, you may (though you probably won't) be caught up by the lovely Natasha for squealy hugs and catch up gossip in the far more Tardis scale new Atrium.
Natasha is the force that keeps my old company alive and kicking.
Here is the new reception desk and the east wall of the keep that had been covered for centuries.
My lovely glass atrium roof, which you've seen being designed and built over the past years.
Structural glass is so much better than the crap steel beams the contractor wanted to use.
Bugger the expense; it's not a bloody factory.
Hoorah! Here come Dan and Gabriela across the moat bridge, armed with a bagful of hi-viz jackets and hard hats for us to cosplay as sexy Architects.
The main museum and art galleries have been kept open as far as possible during the works, but as we'll be in the keep, where the final touches are being made, we have to play dress-up.
Well, now that we're all here, I suppose I'd better show you around, starting with the next post.






5 comments:
It must be thrilling to uncover something magnificent that’s been covered for centuries. I look forward to more posts!
This is fascinating—I remember the posts about the glass beams. More, please!
Thank you both. It's nice to be back here in the sanity of Blogville. More posts to come soon.
The bridge reminds me of the bellows of an old camera, flexed and angled to get the light/image back to the film.
Good analogy, Speedway, though I rather think Gabi was drunk when she designed it.
Post a Comment