In our last comments-fest, the subject of this peculiarly specific item came up. Too late to adopt this one but there are many other fascinating items to adopt up at the Castle.
If you want one of your own, ask at your local kitchen shop; I am sure they will oblige.

8 comments:
Darn - I was hoping to adopt that item! Can you provide a link to other items available? I'm having a doozy of a time finding the online store (although there seems to be a lot of info about the castle).
Yay! https://www.adoptanobject.co.uk/ Here you go, Katie.
Well, I'm disappointed. If I can't have a bollock dagger then there just isn't anything left for me to love.
Good news, Petrea! You can actually purchase a lovable bollock dagger of your own. Replicas are available here https://www.theknightshop.com/bollock-dagger and I dare say shopping around might find you an original ("a large number of bollock daggers were found in the wreck of the Mary Rose").
AA nice letter to Santa might suffice.
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?client=firefox-b-e&q=medi%C3%A6val+bollock+dagger&prds=epd:2597299200986890956,eto:2597299200986890956_0,pid:2597299200986890956,prmr:1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiDq_Hz6vnzAhWPiVwKHQC9Dd8Q9pwGCAs
Here's an original fourteenth / fifteenth century one for sale, which rather delightfully comes complete with bollocks carved into the handle.
Be careful what you wish for!
You might like this blog. Norfolk features in this post, and it looks like one of your colleagues is quoted.
http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/62609
A long time ago, an office-mate used the phrase "stabbing rabbits". Of course, the bollock stabber brought that phrase to mind, but if you are using the dagger to stab your rabbit, you're probably doing it wrong, and are too dead to read this comment.
Post a Comment