Tuesday, October 05, 2021

More Progress at the Castle

The unfeasibly small hammer from the previous post has at last done its work (each flint had to be recorded before being removed for storage while we tunnelled through the wall) and so here's a photo of the interior of the keep as never seen before.

All the prison era crap and Victorian tat has been stripped out of the keep and we're ready to get mediæval on its ass.

3 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

Pretty amazing. I wish I'd visited the castle before, so these photos would fit a mental context of the space. I'm excited to see it someday.

dive said...

It's an amazing space, Petrea. You can tell why Heslop described it as William Rufus' "megalomaniac project" to build the biggest royal palace castle in Europe. Such a shame Tyrel shot an arrow through his lung before it was even above basement level.

Alifan said...

Oh it is a big job but will be fantastic when done… well done x