On the way to work yesterday I passed one of those sludge-gulpers … you know: big-assed sewerage pumping veehickles that unblock drains and empty septic tanks and the like?
It had one of those sunscreen things on the windscreen, bearing the legend "SEMPER NELLA MERDA"* … I almost went off the road laughing.
* For any who - unlike me - did not have to sit five years of compulsory Latin at school, this can be translated colloquially as "always in the shit".
3 comments:
I did not have to take Latin and I wish I had. Obviously I could make use of it almost every day.
I like that … glad you posted something I was getting fed up with looking at your insides, it made me worry! ha ha
My ex had a school friend who wasn't the brightest kind of guy, but he started and ran what became a very successful plumbing and sewerage business. He one time told my friend that he didn't really know much but decided to work with what he did know - that "shit runs downhill." It made him a wealthy man.
Post a Comment