Saturday, February 09, 2013

Relax

It's the weekend. At last! Today's post shows us just how we should be behaving between now and Monday morning.

Of all nature's creatures, it is cats who have taken relaxation and turned it into an art form. On his recent African Adventure, Phil discovered this fierce pride of lions showing off their relaxations skills.

Cleanliness is of course important when relaxing, though I'll pass on this one (as I don't have anyone to lick) and soak in a long, hot bath instead.

So … Let this be your instruction booklet for the next couple of days.

Having said that, I'm so wired on coffee after Breakfast Club that I can't relax, which is just as well as I have returned from the market with turbot fillets and herring for the weekend and a whole turbot carcass, onions, carrots, fennel and celery for the pot and I'm stinking the house out making fish stock. Yummy!

Enjoy your weekends, folks.

9 comments:

Scout said...

Enjoy your lazy fish-stinking weekend, too, David. I'll try to mimic my house cat who really is just a miniature one of those "fierce" lions.

dive said...

Yay for Tiger. He's far more huggable than the lions.
The stock turned out great, by the way. I've got about six weeks' worth in the freezer. Yummy!

Speedway said...

Yeh, they're sleeping off the warthog meal from earlier, as well as resting from making a six-week supply of warthog stock for the freezer.

dive said...

One should never be without a six week supply of warthog stock, Speedway.

Alifan said...

Oh just like Oscar! only thinner!!
thought I would get that in before you did…

dive said...

Yes, As this is what Oscar does all day every day he must indeed have lion DNA somewhere in that fat, fluffy pillow of a wallowing body.
You should try and find him some warthog flavoured cat food.

neetzy said...

Oh I love these. Phil has a great eye. The cleaning one is amazing! Will be showing these to my kiddies if you don't mind. I'm going to make my Photo 2 students create photoblogs on Blogger. This is an experiment. I hope it works!

Ms M said...

Ahhhh, just the reminder I needed -- to take some time to relax! Another set of great photos.

dive said...

You're more than welcome, Neetzy. As ever, please use whatever photos you want from my blog; it's good to know that they'll do something useful.

Thanks, Ms.M. Unfortunately it's now Monday morning and I'm off in the snow for another stressy week. Roll on Friday when I can make like a lion again.